Black Friday Smart Shopping Safety Tips in Cedar Park & Leander TX
Black Friday is known as the day after Thanksgiving Day and the use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation was made: that retailers traditionally operated at a financial loss ("in the red") from January through November, and "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or "in the black".
As the first day after the last major holiday before Christmas it marks the unofficial beginning of the Christmas season for Black Friday Smart Shopping in Cedar Park & Leander TX
Black Friday Safety Tips:
- Do not buy more than you can carry. Plan ahead by taking a friend with you or ask a store employee to help you carry your packages to the car.
- Remember to shop online with companies you know and trust, save all receipts. Keep a file folder for all receipts and other statements.
- When in department stores wait until asked before taking out your credit card or checkbook. An enterprising thief would love to look over your shoulder to get your account information and use your receipts to exchanged merchandise.
- When walking to your vehicle have keys in hand and make sure to look around for suspicious people and beware of strangers approaching you, check the back seats before getting into vehicle. Do not leave packages visible in your car windows. Lock them in the trunk or, if possible, or take them directly home.
- Pickpocket teams are watching your behavior so carry your purse close to your body or your wallet inside a coat or front trouser pocket.
- When shopping with children, have a plan in case separated. Select a central meeting place, place an identity card in your child's pocket, and make sure children know they can ask store security employees or mall employees for help.
Black Friday Smart Shopping in Cedar Park & Leander TX can also be achieved when buying a new home or selling your current home when you contact Bob Ratliff with RE/MAX Capital City. Call Bob today 512-587-5689