Austin Real Estate Market Update for May 2014 showing healthy market
Austin Multiple Listing show active listings increased 4% and new listings increased 7% in May 2014 compared to the prior year, spending an average of 39 days on the market less than one year prior.
Austin homes sold in May 2014 having a 3% increase compared to the same month in 2013 with 2,943 sold 2014. Median price homes rising 8% to an average $249,000 for single family homes sold.
May 2014 Statistics
- 2,943–Single-family homes sold, three percent more than May 2013.
- $249,000– Median price for single-family homes, eight percent more than May 2013.
- $325,926–Average price for single-family homes, eight percent more than May 2013.
- 40–Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, four days fewer than May 2013.
- 4,002–New single-family home listings on the market, seven percent more than May 2013.
- 5,949–Active single-family home listings on the market, four percent more than May 2013.
- 2,928 –Pending sales for single-family homes, two percent more than May 2013.
- 2.6 –Months of inventory of single-family homes, 0.1 months less than May 2013.
- $959,200,218–Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, 11 percent more than May 2013.
June, 2014 Market Single Family Home Data:
3,086 up 3.73% from 2013
Average Sales Price:
$319,834 up 8.48% from 2013
Average Days on the Market:
43.06 down 6.72 days from 2013
Median Sales Price:
$247,962 up 7.86% from 2013
If you or someone you know is considering selling or buying a home, condo, or investment property I would enjoy the opportunity to assist you or them in the our Austin market areas.