Homeowner looking for the least expensive way to freshen up their home when selling and giving it a makeover is to give their home interior and exterior a new coat of paint.
Keeping in mind Color Psychology, which is the study of color as a determinant of human behavior. Color is highly complex and one which is open to the influence of a large number of factors.
Emotions are triggered by certain colors; learning the psychology behind color choices will help the homeowner determine which room gets what color.
Color on a Deeper Level
- Red – considered to be romantic and passionate
- Pink – warm, feminine and soothing energy
- Orange – overwhelming, statement to brighten up senses
- Yellow – optimism of happy emotions
- Green – soothing emotions of renewal, grounded
- Blue – both calming and energizing, mainly for calming
- Purple – dramatic and quiet, eccentric and royalty, mysterious
- Gray – sophistication, elegance, and calmness
- Brown – security and relaxation
Least Expensive Way to Freshen up Your Home When Selling is to choose paint colors based on what is trending.
Speaking with your listing agent prior to putting your home on the market asking what buyers are looking for in room colors. Another great way to explore colors is visit your local builders and preview their model homes.
Color is cultural and has many meanings to different people, just because you like a certain color keep in mind it might offend certain buyers and cause you to lose a sale.
Least Expensive Way to freshen up your home when selling is painting.
This helpful homeowner tip has been brought to you by
Bob Ratliff, REALTOR® (512) 587-5689
I have a great understanding of color and can help you when selling your home in Northwest Austin, Cedar Park and Leander.
A great App to use is "Paint my Place App"