Educating Sellers the importance of staging
Listing agents know educating sellers the importance of a well staged home will receive the best offers, setting high expectations for a buyer’s. Staging a home will set the mood for buyer’s first impressions appealing to good or bad feelings. Selling a home or buying a home involves emotional factors.
Homeowners want to sell their homes but also have an emotional attachment and want to live in them and that’s where emotions will need to be shelved while the home is active on the market.
Recommending a third party “home stagger” can be effective in offering advice to homeowners to declutter, depersonalize, lighting and other décor suggestions.
Educating Sellers the importance of staging homes interior and exterior will appeal to the houses target market making first impressions memorable to buyers and offers.
Exterior items that should be addressed:
- Lawn: mow, edge and rake
- Trees and Shrubs: prune and shape
- Sidewalks and Driveways: remove debris, dirt, and stains
- Painting: neutral paint colors and trims
- Doors and Windows: Clean, paint, remove screens etc
- Roofs and Gutters: clean out gutters, repair roof shingles as needed
Interior items that should be addressed:
- Front entrance: paint foyer door, flowers, inviting aroma smells
- Interior Paint Colors: neutral colors and not screaming accent walls
- Lighting: clean windows, open all shades/blinds, clean fixtures, increase bulb watt
- Walls: patch holes; remove cluttered walls, neutral paint colors
- Closets: declutter, organize, and rent a storage unit for items being stored
- Furniture: arrange for space, remove furniture, pack knickknacks, and pack photos
- Bathrooms: caulk, paint, and remove rugs, counters free, check shower for mildew, replace worn out shower curtains.
- Kitchen: remove clutter and counter appliances, organize pantry and cabinets
- Garage: remove all storage items that clutter, organize
Educating Sellers the importance of staging has been brought to you by Cedar Park & Leander real estate professional Bob Ratliff, REALTOR®.
If you or someone you know is considering selling a home I welcome the opportunity to educate you or them on the importance of first impressions and professionally staging homes to sale.